Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Update on my Brick Wall

One brick from the wall has has been knocked out. I have found out where my great grandfather is buried. I had his death date from his military file, someone had written "5-12-43 deceased" across the file. Given the way dates were written in Canada, I knew that the date was December 5th 1943.  I contacted a group in Canada called National Field of Honour. They were able to locate his grave in Mount Royal Cemetery outside Montreal. Unfortunately, Montreal is just a little to far to go to get a photo of the grave. I'm not if sure there is a headstone, but I'm working on finding that out. I did find out that if there isn't a headstone, the National Field of Honour will provide one since he was a military veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment